Change is coming: MEtamorphosis


Here goes:

Easter season (Lent), 1972= I was 9 months old and contracted spinal meningitis. My fever spiked at 107 degrees after being driven by the doctor himself from his office to the hospital in BR, submerged in an alcohol bath, and quarantined. The doctor told my parents IF I survived I would be deaf, dumb, blind, all three or any combination of. It's a miracle I am alive,

Easter season 1988=At age 15, I was admitted into drug rehab and after the 30 days my parents were told by doctors and counselors I had a "life long disease with no cure, addiction. 30 days is not long enough she needs more." I was sent to a halfway an hour away in Opelousas, I stayed there almost a year.  It was the first time I ever in my life missed a holiday with my family because I was too new for a pass.  Also to add, this is when my dad went to work on my behalf in other ways too after hearing the dr. and counselors diagnosis.  

Easter season 1989=Having recently returned home from the halfway house thanks to my dads hard work and research for resources for me,  I was assessed by social services and received a vocational rehabilitation scholarship to attend college for free! Why did I qualify? Because the state and federal government agreed with the diagnosis and I passed their general knowledge and mobility type assessments. I also took an assessment of my likes, wants, and passions, this resulted in their suggestions to go into some type of service field for career.  Nursing, education, etc.. 

Easter season 1995=Having recently graduated from SLU with a BA in Education, I am about to give birth to my first born son with starting my first teaching job shortly after. I taught 6th, 7th, and 8th grade science for a total of 19 years once all said and done, receiving numerous achievements such as Teacher of the Year and making a TV appearance with a local weatherman because I was a part of implementing the first WeatherNet2 station at a school in that parish.

Easter season 2005=Having just lost my best friend since high school, that life long disease I was diagnosed with came out of dormancy. 

Easter season 2013=The past 8 years of hell comes to a head for me and now my first born son is diagnosed with the same life long disease with no cure and lying in a hospital bed with a broken back. I enter a local treatment center detoxing off of methadone and xanax.

Easter season 2015=I am released from a near by detention center to a halfway house and ordered to drug court with two felony convictions. I have lost my children, husband, career, car, and roof over my head. Looking back now, I went into a metamorphosis state the next 7 mos which prepared me to survive the instantaneous horrific devastation that was coming, losing my first born son to this nondiscriminating life long disease with no cure we both suffer from.

Easter season 2023=Dad dies of lung cancer just 6 weeks after diagnosis. Mom dies of pancreatic cancer just 3 weeks after her diagnosis.  3 days after moms funeral I am laid off from my job. I form my first LLC, iCEMAN Cooling and Heating with my future husband combining his HVAC expertise and my service coordinating experience.

Easter season 2024=😎😎😎I am preparing to share my experiences, truth and support for my local friend, her products, and why Louisiana laws need to be changed 

Stay Tuned

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Tales: Reflecting on Our Ruby Falls Journey, 1977

🌟✈️ Breaking News: Reserve Now Pay Later Options! ðŸŊðŸšĒ